Monday, May 7, 2012

In Short



It was just this kind of Sunday. Sometimes these little moments come and go so quickly, that you don't even realize the thing you've been wanting is staring you in the face.  It felt like a weekend of ups and downs, moments of worship and quiet, car rides with the sunset behind us, and laughing with tears streaming down my face. I get to spend a lot of time with some good people. They don't all know how amazing they are and I suppose that's what makes it even better.


I'm reminded again this weekend how much we who call this place our pilgrimage land, how much we all want to go home. Whether our pain is external and our hearts are bleeding for all to see, or we are silently suffering behind closed doors and closed hearts, to long for Eden is in our souls. To long for home and to know God, to have perfect communion with him — it's a desire that lingers, restlessly unsatisfied as we search to fill the void. It's staring into an old mirror with the reflection worn off. It's there, but diluted. So we are here now to love, to give, to serve, to act as vessels of a glory that's to come. That our lives reflect the greater world we live for, the greater King we exalt in our actions, deeds, words. I have so far to go, so much to learn, and I'm so very aware of this.


This morning, it's quiet as I read, check e-mail, start a week that is brimming with busy. I want to capture all the nuances of my weekend. I sometimes feel that by Wednesday, I'm grasping at balloon strings, hoping I'm grabbing the right one. That somewhere there is something worth keeping and I have moments to hold it and see it and remember it.

I hope you don't mind this weekend wrap-up. It's just as much for me, as it is for you.

In short.
Look around. Look beyond. Dig underneath. Stick it out. In the earth. In the sunshine. With eachother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment