Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thrifty Tuesday


If you know me, you know that I find great joy in searching through racks and piles, dusty shelves and junk at thrift stores for just one good treasure. Since I do this so often, I figured I'd make Tuesday my day to share the latest find with you... and maybe even inspire you to shop the old and forgotten!

One thing I like to do is to meander around the higher end "flea market" stores (Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, and others) to see what they are piecing together for their interior collections. Then I go to my local stores or online "thrifts" to find my own versions of these things.

The Deer Silhouette — $1.99
This little guy jumped out at me. We're not really "deer" people, but I really liked the wood-on-wood silhouette and thought I might be able to make it work in my home.




Some other places you'll find deer-esque things?

1. Anthropologie
2. ZGallerie
3. ZGallerie again
4. Etsy - The Little Ragamuffin
5. Etsy - Designed Designer

3 comments:

  1. hey did you know that the ragamuffin seller is from Altamont? do you know who it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for including me in your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete