Saturday, September 19, 2009

next page please.


It's just been one of those seasons. The kind where I feel like i'm just beginning to chip away at the iceberg that is Myself. When I think I'm conquering a weed in me, only to realize the roots go deep. Waaay deep.

It's that kind of season where I realize I'm helpless without the Grace of God. It requires mornings of choosing gratitude.

Know what I mean?

My own mother reminded me this morning, that sometimes it seems easier to just stare at the dead body (2 Samuel 2:23). It's better though to move on and pursue the thing that is causing havoc in your life. To chase it down. To let the furious love of God tear up the roots in our rotting hearts. Replace death with life.

I think that's where I am today. Time to stop holding on to things, to stop looking back, and to turn the page.

Surely I'm not the only one who has felt this way before.

2 comments:

  1. most definitely not my friend! i am right there with ya. i feel like sometimes i look around and think, hey i thought i already dealt with that...guess i didn't go deep enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the only one who has felt that way!

    ReplyDelete