Saturday, August 8, 2009

weekend luxuries


:: denton is so smart. at least their library admins are. did you know there's a whole website for us library patrons? renew. reserve. request. that makes my life so much easier. i'm just one click away from renewing those books i haven't even opened yet. and that's just what i did.

:: the feeling that madeleine is so much more aware than i give her credit for. she mimics, dances, claps joyously... then there's the ever present feeling that she's just going to say "hey mom. i'm hungry" or something like that.

:: the full freedom of surrender. i'm getting there. i won't claim i've made it, but sometimes i feel pretty peaceful... which tells me something is going on right in my heart. I may question His goodness, I may even question His plans. But one things I know is that God is so... thorough.

:: i've had two naps this weekend. both were the kind that i learn about after i wake up. the ones where you sit to do one thing and wake up two hours later in a puddle of your own drool, saying "whoa. i was tired." yup. two of 'em.

:: i leave for uganda in 10 days. as much as i know God is going to do a work in the hearts of those we play/sing/dance/pray/talk with there, i have a sneaking suspicion He plans to do just as much in me as through me. never before have i felt such a genuine expectation of what He will do in my heart. i crave change and brokenness and abandon... i feel it coming.

3 comments:

  1. i love the description of thorough for God...i have discovered many things and fallen in love with many aspects of Him but i must honestly say that i hadn't really thought of that one, though it is so completely true.

    and uganda...mmmm my heart stirs with anticipation. i too can't wait to come back hopelessly wrecked. glad i get to experience it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooooooooo proud of you MIGHTY Woman of God!!!!!! You are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! And look I get to comment!!!! hee hee YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
    ~~Angela Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read your Uganda posts!

    ReplyDelete