Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Whirlwind Update:


Oh man.

Can you just take a deep breath with me? Because sometimes, even when it's crazy and busy, stepping back to breathe is good. I get wrapped up in the mayhem easily, it's true. I lose track of time and things that matter, and it can all feel really overwhelming.

But I realized it's been weeks since I've written here, a place I really love to settle into. I've neglected the posts of lists, and I've gone silent on a few topics, but that's not forever. It's just a "for right now" thing and for right now, I'm ready to tell you about some of this.

SO, some updates for you (my totally awesome friends and readers and fellow lovers of all beauty and spring and red-breasted birds that flit by open windows) —


:: I was invited to participate in the Deeper Story community via design and writing. If you haven't checked out this community of fellow writers, thinkers, strugglers and sojourners, be sure to visit them (us?!) soon. Between their avenues of Deeper Story, Deeper Church and Deeper Family, tough issues are being tackled, theology wrestled with, brokenness healed, scars revealed, and all around, love feels pretty abundant. I'll be creating monthly printables for their site, and this Friday, the first part of my story goes live with them.

*deep breath*

You guys, I'm scared. But it's good. But I'm scared.
So, join me there, won't you?

:: This girl. Just. I'm amazed by her. Every day. (Little girl, if you read this by chance in 20 years, I mean every word. You stun me with grace and love and joy every.single.day.)


My sweet girl is starting Kindergarten in the fall. I feel the whirlwind of decision making. Choosing a school, the best place to live, a plan for the summer, you name it. It might account for some of my silence lately. When I have time to sit and think, I'm not thinking about words and depth. I'm thinking about addresses and packing up this apartment again.

:: The Organic Bird continues to grow and I'm so incredibly thankful for all of you who continue to support what I do, spread the word, send work my way, share my facebook posts, etc. In the past month or two, we launched a site & brand for Mabel & Riv, I designed an ebook for The Seed Company, a few of my designs have been turned into tattoos (totally random but awesome), and I launched a new website for a beautiful store in my childhood hometown (The Apple Barrel). If I could hand out bags of chocolate and bottles of the best Irish liqueur to all of you, I would. I would give a breathless thank you, and probably tear up a little bit, and just hold your hand really, really tight. Because, really, this journey of designing and writing and building this little nest has been extra amazing because of all of you.

Ok, I'll stop being mushy now.

:: And on a final note, my awesome 19 year old niece moved in with me while she goes to college locally. We've been making some fun videos — like this:
::

In the rest of my freetime, we're talking about spring plans, trips with friends, vacation with family, moving, festivals, church stuff, crafts, cooking, you name it.

I feel breathless, and sometimes really, really tired.
Sometimes weary. Sometimes hopeful.
But mostly grateful.

5 comments:

  1. Heavens...you're as busy as me.
    I'm praying for you, my sweet new friend.

    This next season...it's gonna be a good one.
    I'm glad I have YOU to walk with...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alle! I can't wait to hang/party/dream with you :)

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that I get to call you my insanely talented friend. I am so glad that I get to work with you on awesome projects.
    And I am so thankful for the AB website. And how much we will expand it.

    You the best. xo

    ReplyDelete