Saturday, January 15, 2011

local digs: what's up cupcake?


I love checking out the local shops in my town. The Metroplex has a way of overshadowing the small gems around here. But they exist. Trust me. It's almost like sightseeing...but in your hometown and minus all the bothersome things.

So, since we only have about seven weeks left here, I'm sightseeing. The local places. The ones on back streets and the ones filled with the passion of people who are living their dream.

Today it was What's Up Cupcake.

And boy — am I oh-so-glad we did. (p.s. their red velvet cupcake could be the death of me.)








7 comments:

  1. okay - where is it you live? my big treat for the day was peppermint patties....could stand a dose of what she's offering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah. texas. and moving to new york. now i remember. sorry. i read so many different blogs yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kendal - you made me giggle :) i get mixed up with blogs all the time, too! :) for your sake, i hope you can find a delish place like this soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cupcakes and your blog. have really enjoyed reading your journey. good luck with your move to new york. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks amelia! it will continue to be quite a journey, i think... as long as i can find more cupcake spots, i think i'll be ok ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ummmmmm....that was NOT very nice of you ;) *Let's see what I've got in my cupboards anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that place....there is also another yummy cupcake place two blocks over next to quilt fabric store that I love.

    ReplyDelete