Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thrifted Tuesday


I really love thrift store shopping. I always have. I used to shop my grandmother's closet when I was in Jr. High. Maybe it had something to do with growing up in such an antique-crazy family, especially the women. It seems all of us have a certain love for Saturday morning outings to hunt for treasures. (Or maybe it's that I have a special place in my heart for things that smell like they've been shoved into a cedar trunk for 40 years.) So it should come as no surprise that I take a weekly trip to local places where I can find old, dusty, forgotten, used things. My most recent trip brought home these treasures for the bookshelves:



“Does it hurt?”
“Sometimes,” said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. “When you are Real you don’t mind being hurt.”
“Does it happen all at once,” he asked, “or bit by bit?”
“It doesn’t happen all at once,” said the Skin Horse...



"I'm not my name. My name is something I wear, like a shirt. It gets worn. I outgrow it, I change it."


And this book I thought just looked really cool. As it turns out, it might be a really good read as well. I blogged once about how I thrift store shop. Here's the link if you want some of my silly tips — 15 Tips for Shopping Secondhand

0 comments:

Post a Comment