Monday, December 14, 2009

I'll Fall Asleep Counting My Blessings


She said it well today. "...Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road."—-John Henry Jowett

Maybe this is the thing I'm missing.

The invisible fetters that tear against my heart seem to be useless when I start finding things to be grateful for. So yes, I'm joining the journey along with thousands of others who find that fetter-free hearts and spirits are the ones that fly higher, nest warmer, smile deeper and embrace life with pure joy.

1. Steely gray-blue-yellow eyes that peer into mine


2. burl ives, perry como, dean martin, bing crosby and the songs of christmas

3. Dad's love for cooking in my home

4. mother's faithful ear and friendship in afternoon drives and morning waking

5. husband's continual words of affirmation

6. advent and anticipation


7. marshmallow lover's hot cocoa

8. dark chocolate hot cocoa

9. coffee as the sun rises

10. tiny hands that grip my arms with love and safety

11. fresh washed linens

12. paint underneath my fingernails

13. fresh baked rosemary bread smothered with english butter

holy experience

0 comments:

Post a Comment