Tuesday, August 4, 2009

notes from my journal.


i poke my head up from the muddy trench. the sound of turbo props has long since passed and i'm hoping there isn't an enemy fighter waiting for my face to appear amidst the rubble.

cuz i really do feel like i'm in war. a war for love and peace. for joy and surrender.

except i'm in these muddy trenches with a little girl on my hip, a sack of hopes and expectations slung over my shoulder and some really worn out tennis shoes. not exactly ideal fighting attire.

but i'm getting there.

oh... you hear that? here they come again. run for cover.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Andrea, I love this blog!!! I want to tell you I can COMPLETELY relate... Good stuff!! Your an amazing writer!!!

    Love, Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! I'm in the trenches with ya!!!!! AMAZING words girl!! I can see and smell and FEEL what you are writing!!! MUCH LOVE to yoU!!!!!!!~~Ang Garcia

    ReplyDelete